FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:47:38 UTC 2005

On 6/13/05, Jan Visser <jan.visser at tiscali.nl> wrote:
> Kenneth Porter wrote:
> > --On Monday, June 13, 2005 2:44 PM -0400 Kurt Hansen
> > <khansen at charityweb.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to download the iso's for FC4, but they are coming down
> >> awfully slowly.
> >

> > Can others reach your listening ports? Check that your firewall allows
> > the connection and, you're behind a NAT router, that the ports get
> > forwarded to your host.
> >
> > If others can't reach your listening ports, then the only traffic you
> > get is from peers you've connected to, which will artificially limit the
> > size of the swarm you can reach. (Some other peers will be behind NAT
> > routers that you can't reach, because they didn't' forward ports, and
> > those sources will be unavailable to you unless they contact you first.)
> >

> Well mine is not fast either. My share ratio is 1.80 so that shouldn't
> be any problem. Anyway tommorow will be a nice day :D

I was getting the same speeds you are experiencing until I changed
from Bittorrent to Azureus and checked the Azureus FAQ regarding the
yellow status icon. Found that I need to change the UPnP setting on my
router. If you are using a router with NAT enabled make sure that UPnP
is enabled.  Instead of 6-20 kB/sec I am now observing 200-220 kB/sec.