problems with bittorrent - Solved - well sort of

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Jun 14 02:08:15 UTC 2005

--On Monday, June 13, 2005 9:29 PM -0400 Claude Jones
<claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> We have a T1 and a DSL. Both are
> routed through a CISCO router, such that with a few simple commands, we
> can  direct traffic from our LAN to one or the other connection. If one
> goes down,  we can be back up in under 5 minutes. There's a lot of other
> complicated  routing going on under the hood, such that some traffic uses
> the DSL all the  time.

Ah, that can confuse the tracker. The tracker uses the IP address of the
packets to register the peer with the swarm. If you're listening on one
address but sent the registration to the tracker out your other address,
the swarm can't know how to get to you.