KDE blacklist of Fedora Core's gcc 4

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 09:54:12 UTC 2005

Hi

>Hello, Rahul :)
>I hate to bother you more than you can imagine, but can I assume that
>the code that I need to remove is in the "configure" file that is in
>the root of each KDE module?  If it is, then how can I get changes that
>I make to stick, since running "unsermake -f Makefile.cvs" will
>overwrite the "configure" script.
>Of course, I may be wrong about where this version check is located.
>Please feel free to correct me if necessary.  But I must also confess,
>that I can't find exactly what I need to find.  I've tried a few
>things, with no success.

Well I havent had the oppurtunity to try compiling a large beast like
KDE from SVN myself but the cvs commits list

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=111451142117674&w=2 shows that the
configuration file is "kde-common/admin/acinclude.m4.in". grep can be a
handy tool here

>I must interpret that to mean that as soon as they find out the Fedora
>Core's gcc 4 is fixed, that they will remove the blacklist.

Try compiling it. If it does work successfully report specifically to
bugs.kde.org  that the Fedora version doesnt have this issue. Providing
the following link is a good idea to help them pull out the necessary
patches if its hasnt been pushed upstream yet

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/

regards
Rahul