BitTorrent issues with FC4 isos

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 14 14:33:19 UTC 2005

after looking at 'getright', i'm suspicious as to how it can wor with any
given 'file' of any large size.. if as you say, it splits the file up, and
gets the chunks from different sources.. that's essentially what bittorent
does.. i'm dubious that this app has the number of users as bittorrent, and
i'd expect over all, that for large/more popular files, it wouldn't be as
useful...

however, it might be that the app can actually be pointed at a mirror for a
file, and directly download the file, which is not the purpose of
bittorrent...

-bruce