Build issues FC4 on Dell GX280

Neil Marjoram n.marjoram at adastral.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 14:37:54 UTC 2005

Steve,

I rebooted my system and found the disk had been partitioned, so I setup
the filesystems on the partitions again and of it went.

I am currently working back through a problem I have with kickstart
configuration. This seems to have many failure points that look like
theyt point to hardrive partitioning either with SATA, ATA or SCSI
disks. This problem seems to manifest itself in RHEL 4 as well.

I had this appear in my inbox recently :

"Try looking for a SATA compatability mode in your BIOS, and enabling that."

So I will, but I fear that won't help with all the other types of drive.

Neil.

--
Neil Marjoram
Systems Manager