FEDORA 4 - No sofware in YUM and no repositories for APT;

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jun 14 15:28:07 UTC 2005

Mirco Scaramucci wrote:
> Hello everybody.
> Finally FEDORA 4. Great.
> I have been trying to download software such as Timidity, Mplayer and
> other via YUM trying to enable usual repositories but to no avail.
> There doesn't seem to be any repos in the yum.conf file.
> I then tried to add repositories to apt-get using MIRROR-SELECT  and got
> am error message.
>
> Is there anyway I can enable these like in FEDORA 3?

Repositories are configured by adding .repo files to /etc/yum.repos.d
since FC3. You can also add them to yum.conf but that's not the "proper"
way to do it.

Third-party repositories may not have FC4 packages available yet because
they haven't installed an FC4 build system to build them on yet.

Paul.