Unable to send email "Relaying denied"

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jun 14 21:13:12 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 14.06.2005 schrieb nick um 23:06:

> I get this message when sending mail from email client, through FC3.
> Can anyone help to reslove this probelm?
>
> our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/relayingdenied.html

You will have to adjust /etc/mail/access to allow relaying, i.e. with an
entry

From:192.168.1           RELAY

Be too sure your hosts resolve, either be putting entries in the
/etc/hosts files or by running a local DNS service.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:11:26 up 21 days, 21:49, load average: 0.26, 0.30, 0.25