More Limewire

John L. Pierce bjjp at kvnet.org
Wed Jun 15 04:16:17 UTC 2005

> Fixed it myself. When I installed the Java rpm, I saw that /usr/bin/java
> pointed to /etc/alternatives/java, i removed it and pointed
> /usr/bin/java to /usr/java/jre1.5.0_02/bin/java, and it went fine. very
> strange, -Jesse

Jesse, I found this to be usefull.

1. install whatever java rpm you like.
2. point a symlink to that location, ie:
	ln -s /path/to/usr/java/jresomething/ /java
	now there is a symlink in the root folder called /java
3. in /etc/profile add the following lines to the file
	pathmunge /java/bin
	JAVA_HOME="/java"
	add to the end of the export line JAVA_HOME

Now when you upgrade an rpm of java all you need do is change the
symlink so that it points to the new /usr/java/something folder.

I hope this helps, it has worked great for me.

John