realplay RPM is nasty

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jun 15 17:35:10 UTC 2005

FA> Someone needs to build a different package, that hooks onto itself
FA> only the Real audio/video types and nothing else.

I have built a "better" realplayer package; the spec file takes apart
the official package and puts the files in more reasonable spots.  It
needs to be updated to the latest version and I made no effort to
limit what content it takes over, but that should all be fixable.

If you want to have a brief look, the specfile is at
http://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/rpms/realplayer/realplayer.spec

I'm happy to take suggestions if you wish to offer them.  In
particular, what needs to be removed so that realplayer doesn't take
responsibility for the other content?

 - J<