Problem with apache, php and mysql after FC4 upgrade: SegmentationFault ...

Mark Linford mlinford at santarosa.edu
Wed Jun 15 19:38:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 12:26 -0700, bruce wrote:
> i take it that you'r eusing the vanilla php/mysql that came with FC4...

You betcha

> what (if anything) did the mysql/php sites say regarding FC4?

Still checking/google-ing, but I've found nothing yet :(

> i'd advise you to create a simple php test to simply connect to the db, and
> see if you get this to work.. shouldn't be more than 10-20 lines of code....

I just did that. Just a simple connect to the database and give me your
status kinda-thing. Strangely, from the command line (php ./test.php),
it works fine, no errors, etc. It's only when it's run with apache that
it seg-faults.

> i also believe that php/mysql provides the ability to return an err status
> from a mysql_connect call... what's the error say?

I think you're referring to mysql_error()? Well, I can't even get that
far. See, that function only returns the error after a mysql
function/query is run, but my script seg-faults during the mysql_connect
call, so I never get to use mysql_error() :)