Find Warning..

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Jun 16 13:10:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 05:36:21PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 04:41:06PM -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> > Running find on /proc is bound to cause problems. /proc is not a real
> > filesystem it is simulated filesystem created by the kernel to hold
> > various characteristics of your system. You can cat /proc/cpuinfo
> > but you can't : vi cpuinfo
> > for example.
>
> Have you tried it? 'Cause I can.

Ok, I never tried vi on a proc file and it works. And find even works.
Well that is amazing since I thought it would not. My bad.
Which leaves us with the original question which I can't answer now.
Too many assumptions sink the boat. I am into mixed metaphors today,

A truly great man will neither trample on a worm nor sneak to an emperor.
		-- B. Franklin
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University