Fresh FC4 install issues

N. James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 13:41:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 11:24 -0500, AdabalaP at schneider.com wrote:
> Hello all,
> I tried to performed a graphical install but got a "white screen", So
> switched to test based install, Installation went fine. Now i get the same
> "white screen" when i rebooted.
> Has any one seen this issue ?
>
> Details: Model - Compaq Presario, Video Card - Cyber Blade
>
> Thanks,

Exactly the same, except that I didn't try the text install, so I still
have FC3, fortunately.

I tried several times. The media checks are all passed and each time the
install hangs with a white screen just after starting the X-server. FC3
install looks identical up to this point but goes on to show a black
screen with a central X before giving the graphical install, starting
with choosing your language.

I noticed on the initial startup screen something about tty not
recognised. FC3 gets it OK. Is there some way of slowing these reports
down? I can't read that fast!

I have an oldish system with Gigabyte motherboard and Celeron processor,
built-in Trident Blade graphics. No problem for FC3. Guess I'll stick
with it for a while.
--
N. James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk>