Proxy problem

Patrick A Thompson pat_n_cats at juno.com
Thu Jun 16 14:43:14 UTC 2005

	This is totally my own fault; but I hope somebody
smarter can dig me out.
	I installed FC-3 and carelessly configured the
IP address as dynamic.  Everything worked fine, but
the network admin did *not* approve.  I edited the
ifcg-eth0 files for a static IPaddr and everything works
fine EXCEPT the proxy no longer works.  Initially,
I let the automatic probe set up the proxy and all was
well.  With the static IPaddr it no longer works.

Reconfigure with proxy probe -
     can't use proxy to get off site.
Putting the proxy in manually
    same failure
 Using the site-wide script
    same failure (slightly different error message)
Same problem with both Firefox and Konqueror.

Other machines (RH7.3) continue to work.

	TIA
		Pat