FC4 - multimedia support & patents

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Thu Jun 16 16:53:14 UTC 2005

On 06/16/2005 09:54 AM, Thierry Sayegh wrote:
> Now for the dreaded words mp3,mpeg etc.
> Since Fedora Extra does not seem to hold the packages that will allow me
> to read my music/video files properly, do I have to assume I will have
> to build my own rpms? Or are they on the way out?

You may find these packages at livna, run

rpm -Uvh
http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.lvn/livna-release-4-0.lvn.2.4.noarch.rpm

(that should be on one line...) which will set up your system to ask
livna for packages (i.e. fill in /etc/yum.repos.d/ with the correct
setup for livna.) You may then "yum install xmms-mp3" and so on...

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/