FC4 gstreamer plugins

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Jun 16 21:42:25 UTC 2005

Hopefully at some point these will be available in rpm.livna.org but
until then I've made some gstreamer plugins available in my yum
repository, for x86 and ppc, so you can enjoy some totem video goodness.

gstreamer plugin packages:

gstreamer-ffmpeg
gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio
gstreamer-plugins-extra-dvd
gstreamer-plugins-extra-video

you have to have yum configured to use rpm.livna.org to satisfy
dependencies.

to use my repo: install this file in /etc/yum.repos.d/

http://mpeters.us/yum/fedora/4/yjl.repo

Also in the repository is giflib (replaced libungif, provides lzw gif
compression) and mp3 capable sox.

They are disabled by default in the repo file (see excludes line)
because they _replace_ fedora core installed packages.

The repo can be browsed at http://mpeters.us/yum/fedora/4/

-=-
For x86 rpm.livna.org this is what I use for
my /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo file:
[livna]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY

For ppc builds of rpm.livna.org I use :
[livna-ppc]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages for PPC
baseurl=ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/linux/fedora-ppc/fc4-livna/RPMS.lvn/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0