Nvidia driver unable to find the kernel source tree

Todd Wease twease at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 02:27:21 UTC 2005

Check which kernel you are using - whether smp or not with:
$ uname -r
and get the kernel development package using yum. If you have an smp
kernel use:
$ yum install kernel-smp-devel
else if you have the regular kernel use:
$yum install kernel-devel
You should have the sources now that the Nvidia installer needs.