missing koffice in fc4

Jon Shorie jshorie at medinaco.org
Fri Jun 17 13:25:01 UTC 2005

I have been trying to install some of the missing packages in fc4.

I have not successfully installed koffice as yet.  It really irks me that they
took this out.  It has been in there since Redhat 7.2 or 7.3.

When I try to install it I get a host of missing dependencies.

I do not understand why they did not at least move it to extras.

the closest that I have gotton is to manually download the version from
kde-redhat.org.

rpm -ivh koffice-1.4.0-1.0.fc4.kde.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        kdelibs >= 6:3.4.1 is needed by koffice-1.4.0-1.0.fc4.kde.i386
        mathml-fonts is needed by koffice-1.4.0-1.0.fc4.kde.i386

when I try to use apt or yum I get even more dependency problems.