Not very happy with FC4

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Fri Jun 17 13:38:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:26:39AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:50:43PM +0200, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> > 1) I cannot get any sound at all, although everything seems
> >    correctly configured. This is a SB Audigy 2 ZS soundcard.
> >    This worked out of the box with FC3.

> Try going through alsamixer and making sure nothing is muted that shouldn't
> be.

I had just been going through all entries in the 'amixer' output
very carefully for the umpteenth time and I suddenly found that the entry
for 'Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack' was not "on" even though
I had chosen it in the graphical volume control app.
I changed this and now sound works OK.

> Not sure about the others. Particularly, this one:

> > 6) More small problems that I shall not list now.

> is a bit hard to diagnose....

Yes :) But here is another one, almost certainly a bug:

The 'Recent Documents' under 'Places' on the panel does
not work as it should when clicking on 'Clear Recent Documents'
The documents are not cleared immediately but only after
restarting X.

Alexander