FC-3 to FC-4 upgrade failure

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jun 17 13:49:01 UTC 2005

Anaconda bombed out on my Sony Picturebook C1VFK
when trying to upgrade from FC-3 to FC-4, from the hard disk.
I got the error message below.

I tried to register this with bugzilla but failed -
according to bugzilla I was using the wrong password,
and they would email me a "token" (whatever that is)
which would enable me to change my password.
However, the promised email never arrived.

The error message (which I would have sent to bugzilla if I could)
was as follows:

An unhandled exception has occurred.  This
is most likely a bug.  Please copy the full
text of this exception and file a detailed
bug report against anaconda at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/

Traceback (most recent call last)
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1160, in ?
    intf.run(id, dispatch)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line
496, in run
    dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py, line
174, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py, line
242, in moveStep
    rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))

Has anyone any suggestions or advice,
either how to solve my problem