News Reader?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri Jun 17 17:13:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 18:37 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 17.06.2005 schrieb Thomas Cameron um 16:19:
>
> > I know that Pan got dropped in FC4, but what is the preferred
> > replacement?
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Hm, i thought to remember someone wanted to maintain Pan within Fedora
> Extras. Is this plan dropped?
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/packages/pan/
>
> As an alternate as I think Dag will rebuild it for FC4 soon.
>
> I like Pan more than Thunderbird's NNTP capabilities.
>
> Alexander
The best solution IMO is to install leafnode which does all the work
including RegEx filtering. Then you can use Evolution, Knode, T-Bird or
just about anything (I use Evolution since I like the idea of one client
for both).
--
      * Eliminate Spam:         http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
      * RBLDNSD HowTo:          http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm