Intel+FC4

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle at verizon.net
Fri Jun 17 17:17:19 UTC 2005

Caglar Ulkuderner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have D865GBF/D865PERC Desktop Board with 1024MB Kingston Ram. I downloaded
> DVD and CD iso images. I checked sha1sums everything was ok. I burn DVD and
> CD isos. When I tried to boot my computer it gave some errors and did not
> boot. I tried that DVD and CD an other computer I worked. I tried to boot
> FC3 in my computer it boot again. I think there is a problem on initrd and
> vmlinux in isolinux directory.
>
> I will try to merge FC3 isolinux and FC4. And then i will try to make a
> bootable DVD. Do anybody have an idea about this solution and problem?
>
> Thanks All
> Caglar Ulkuderner
> System Administrator / Computer Engineer, TUBITAK

I have a similar problem.  There are several bug reports in bugzilla
now, but no solution yet that I see.  There is going to have to be an
install patch of some sort, because you can't even get the system up and
running.  I tried to rpm install an FC3 kernel but it would not go
because of all the dependencies.  So I am not sure what to do at this
point.  Maybe i will try a clean install to a separate hard drive and
see if I can find out more.

Jerry