No volume groups found after a clean full install of FCR4

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Sat Jun 18 03:26:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have this message posted on Fedora test list but since FC4 is
official; I repost here as I am anxious to begin using FC4.

please help:

I have a DELL Precision M70 laptop and did a fresh install of the FC4
distribution from CD.  The install went well but after booting up from
the hard-disk: "kernel panic" big time!!

Uncompressing Linux... ok, booting the kernel.
Red Hat nash version 4.2.15 starting
reading all physical volumes. this may take a while...
No volume groups found.
Unable to find volume group "VolGroup00"
Error: /bin/lvm exited abnormally with value 5 ! (pid 418)

Any ideas/references/solutions?

Thanks,
Ernest