Additional problems with VNC with FC4

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Jun 18 14:41:05 UTC 2005

I've notice an additional problem using vnc with FC4. With FC1 and
FC2, I've had no problems. With FC3, I noticed that I could no
longer run synaptic with a vnc connection, but could run apt-get from
the command line with out a problem. Now with an installation of
FC3, I can not even do a su command. I enter su and root password
and get su: /bin/bash : Permission Denied. I can login with an id at
the console, and then su works fine. Anyone else seen this, and is
there a solution. I tend to do a lot of remote access with vnc.
Note: this is not with the main connection sharing on port 5900, but
with other startup ports.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  16,773
Processing time:  31 years,  46 days, 17 hours,  6 minutes
(Total Hours: 272,681)