Is it worth installing FC4?

Patrick Kobly patrick at kobly.com
Sat Jun 18 16:18:06 UTC 2005

I've been happy with FC4 so far...  There have been issues, but this has
been one of the smoother upgrades that I've done (whether with Linux or
Win)...

I started with Linux in 1996 with Slackware 96, and have used (at
various times): Slackware, Red Hat, Mandrake, Caldera, Debian, Corel, a
few of the single-disc firewall distros, and now FC3 and FC4.  Without a
doubt, I have been most comfortable with FC, and FC4 has provided
sufficient improvement to make the upgrade worthwhile (if only for PHP5
and MySql 4).

PK