Additional problems with VNC with FC4

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Sat Jun 18 18:53:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 12:41:05AM +1000, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:

> I've notice an additional problem using vnc with FC4. With FC1 and
> FC2, I've had no problems. With FC3, I noticed that I could no
> longer run synaptic with a vnc connection, but could run apt-get from
> the command line with out a problem. Now with an installation of
> FC3, I can not even do a su command. I enter su and root password
> and get su: /bin/bash : Permission Denied. I can login with an id at
> the console, and then su works fine. Anyone else seen this, and is
> there a solution. I tend to do a lot of remote access with vnc.
> Note: this is not with the main connection sharing on port 5900, but
> with other startup ports.

It'll be an SELinux context problem -- the server is started from an
initscript and so has the SELinux context associated with
initscripts.  It probably needs to be in some other context, and that
means writing a little bit of policy.

Please file a bug report in Bugzilla so that I can track this issue
and come up with a fix.

Thanks,
Tim.
*/