Up2date Question

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jun 19 17:14:46 UTC 2005

Am So, den 19.06.2005 schrieb edwarner99 at yahoo.com um 18:35:

> I updated to FC4 last night. I'm using the RH up2date
> with
> http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/
> as my mirror.
>
> When I click on "Launch up2date" it comes back with
> "There was a fatal error communicating with the
> server.  The message was:
>
> An HTTP error occurred:
> Status Code: 404
> Error Message: Not Found
>

> It seems that it is looking for a "headers" folder
> that doesn't exist in the FC4 updates as it did in
> FC3.
> I can't locate where I need to edit this.

You missed to search for this issue in the list archive of the last few
days.
Use the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmnew file as the repository format
changed and up2date has to reflect that. You old sources file has
obsolete entries.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:13:16 up 26 days, 17:51, load average: 0.12, 0.16, 0.11