Fortran 77 and Fedora core 4

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Sun Jun 19 18:22:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Hoffmann wrote:

> I just installed Fedora core 4 on my machine, and I
> realized that from GCC 4.0 I got Fortran 95 (g95).
> However, I would like to compile a program on my
> machine that needs Fortran 77 (g77) to compile it.
> Could anyone, please, let me know how could I handle
> that? Should I install a older GCC as well? If
> affirmative, that would cause conflicts to the last
> GCC I  got from Fedora? Any other suggestion?

you didn't tell us if your code didn't even work with g95?

It *should* be backwards compatible, i would think!

 And if you're really stuck, i'm sure one of the FC4 packages will be
a 'legacy' version. My FC4 has only been burnt to DVD, so I can't talk
from experience yet, but will be needing a fortran compiler also.  Let
us know how well g95 works in g77 mode.

- peter