Logwatch Question

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jun 20 13:00:41 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 20.06.2005 schrieb Jhorne Linux um 14:30:

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html
 -> 1. NO HTML MAIL, PLEASE

> I have a few virtual hosts on my httpd server, that do not use the
> /var/log/httpd/access_log file.  They each have their own
> /var/log/httpd/site1 (etc) folder, with their logs under this (all
> this for webalizer, to separate the useages).  Because of this, I do
> not get any HTTPD summary info from logwatch on my web serving box.
> Ive been thru the .conf files, and I don’t see a way to make it look
> in other directories other than default.  As a matter of fact, I only
> see where it says that it will look in /var/log, and nothing about
> /var/log/httpd, so im assuming it just knows that httpd will have its
> access_log under there.  I would like to have at least 1, perhaps all
> 3 summarized into my daily email, but I cant figure it out.  Anyone
> know how to make logwatch behave like I want?

> Jonathan

It should be very easy to have logwatch observe other httpd log
directories as well (though I didn't try so far). Searching the logwatch
files there is

/etc/log.d/conf/logfiles/http.conf
/etc/log.d/scripts/services/http

It should be enough to create copies of both and to edit the
http.conf+vhostX by pointing the "LogFile" setting to the different
location.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 14:54:30 up 27 days, 13:32, load average: 0.31, 0.20, 0.21