dhcpd refuses to start after fresh FC4 install

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jun 20 14:31:47 UTC 2005

On Monday 20 June 2005 09:53, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> > > If it's an SELinux issue then you should be seeing audit errors in the
> > > logs when you try to start the daemon, and "setenforce 0" would allow
> > > it to work (this is a quick test to determine if it's an SELinux issue,
> > > I'm not recommending this as a long-term fix).
> > >
> > > Paul.
> >
> > Saw this at about 4am, and tried it, and it worked. So, I guess that begs
> > the question of configuring SELINUX to allow DHCPD, or something else?
> > I've had about 3 hours sleep, but at least the machine is running.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Claude Jones
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2005-June/msg00145.html

Thanks Alexander. I came across that same post just before reading Paul's
response. The proposed solution is way over my head. It seems to be
discussing Samba as opposed to what the subject line says, also. For now,
I've turned off the restrictive policy on dhcpd in Selinux till I can figure
this out. The Selinux man page tells you next to nothing, so I shall go look
at the Selinux website today and see what I can find.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA