Fedora Core 3 Xwindow session logs out

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jun 21 02:22:47 UTC 2005

Joe Favero wrote:

>I have been running Fedora Core 3 on a Delll Inspiron 600m.
>Recently the Xwindow sessions have been logging out for no
>apparent reason ... any ideas on how to debug??
>
>I am running Fedora Core 3 on VMWare 4.5.2 ... XP Host
>
>Thanx Joe

X is probably crashing and GDM is respawning. You could check
/var/log/Xorg.0.log to see why X might be  crashing.
It's been some time since I tried an XP host with a Fedora installation
(would not boot the kernel). I am not sure if the log is for XFree86 or
xorg-x11.

Just a thought about what seems to be happening and other possibilities.

Jim

--
Your aims are high, and you are capable of much.