apt, fedora-extras, fedora-extras'apt

Vincenzo Ciancia vincenzo_yahoo_addressguard-gmane at yahoo.it
Tue Jun 21 09:22:44 UTC 2005

Hi all, again with a question:

If there are no serious disadvantages, I'd prefer to use apt in fedora,
because of search speed (if I use the -C option sometimes yum complains and
returns less results than possible), ability to search as user (yum
sometimes complains about not being able to write the cache) ability to
resume downloads and total (all downloads) progress barr and ETA.

(Or else, as a question: how do I solve all those problems with yum?)

But, how do I add extras and livna in apt? If I install apt from extras, it
gives me troubles about, apparently, rpmpriorities, but it's the fact that
there is no sources.list! If I install apt from dag, I have no extras and
livna in sources.list.d, and I seem not to be able to find it on the web.

(Or else, as a question: are there apt repositories for extras and livna?
And in general how do I make apt from extras work?)

Thanks in advance

Vincenzo

--
Please note that I do not read the e-mail address used in the from field but
I read vincenzo_ml at yahoo dot it