SELinux Policy Version?

Pete Toscano pete-fedora at verisignlabs.com
Tue Jun 21 21:07:27 UTC 2005

Where does the selinux policy version get set?

I'm running a custom kernel to get all the powersaving features working on my Thinkpad T40
(http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~vbraun/computing/T41/kernel.html) working, but the current targeted policy is producing a bunch of file context
errors.  When I try to load the policy.19 file, I get the following error:

[root at oddjob policy]# load_policy policy.19
security:  policydb version 19 does not match my version range 15-18
load_policy:  security_load_policy failed

I get the same error when I try to tweak the policy to satisfy a lot of the denials I see caused by various daemons.  I'll add lines to
/etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/domains/misc/local.te, then do a "make reload" from /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy, and get the same error as
shown above (mod two make-related lines).

When I reboot into the standard FC4 kernel that does not support ACPI on my thinkpad, everything works fine.

In the custom kernel, if I do sestatus, the policy version is shown to be 18.  On the FC4 kernel, it's 19.

Thanks,
pete