FC4 and GFS 6.1

Garry Harthill gazzerh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 23:50:52 UTC 2005

I have installed FC4 and I am hoping to install a GFS cluster using
GFS 6.1 but I have found that it needs Redhat Cluster Suite v4 (or
does it?). This release of cluster suite isn't even released yet!!

How am I supposed to configure GFS on FC4? Is this possible? Has
anyone else managed it?

I have used Redhat Cluster Suite 3 on RHEL3 along with GFS 6.0 (with
this release you are not required to install the cluster suite) but
really want to test GFS 6.1 because it is more tightly intergrated
with the present redhat clustering software.

I just can't understand why Fedora bundled GFS 6.1 with FC4 and even
added it as one of the main features of this release - when you cannot
use it because they haven't released Cluster Suite 4 with it. It is
next to useless without this major piece of software.

Any ideas?