Screensavers for FC4?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 02:50:34 UTC 2005

Bart Kalita wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 15:30 -0400, Temlakos wrote:

>># yum install xscreensaver-extras xscreensaver-gl-extras
>>
>>That should do it.
>>
>>Bottom line: while the xscreensaver program remains part of Core, the
>>individual screensaver programs are now moved to Extras.
>>
>>Temlakos
>>

>All 3 packages installed, removed and reinstalled....
>
>still the list of screensavers remains the same
>
>any ideas?
>
>---------------
>
>B.K

As a regular user. (not root) type cd to change to your home directory.
Then type "rm .xscreensaver and if prompted type y. This will remove the
settings per user file. The file will be recreated when you open up
screensavers again.
Are you sure that you downloaded FC4 instead of FC4T3? I had this
failure when I tested out FC4T3 on clean installs.

One note: If you are running FC4T3, you might want to get FC4 discs. If
this is FC4, update your system to the latest packages, then remove the
.xscreensaver file from your home directory.

Jim

--
Never put off till run-time what you can do at compile-time.
		-- D. Gries