Screensavers for FC4?

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 05:47:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 22:50 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> As a regular user. (not root) type cd to change to your home directory.
> Then type "rm .xscreensaver and if prompted type y. This will remove the
> settings per user file. The file will be recreated when you open up
> screensavers again.
> Are you sure that you downloaded FC4 instead of FC4T3? I had this
> failure when I tested out FC4T3 on clean installs.
>
> One note: If you are running FC4T3, you might want to get FC4 discs. If
> this is FC4, update your system to the latest packages, then remove the
> .xscreensaver file from your home directory.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Never put off till run-time what you can do at compile-time.
> 		-- D. Gries

It's a clean install of FC4 and I do not have .xscreensaver file in my
home directory.

after running command  "xscrensaver-gl-extras" screensaver starts in
random mode with screen locking enabled, I didn't rebooted the machine
to see if it will stay like this, to be honest it's not to much trouble.

But I would like to be able to see a full selection of screensaver and
so be albe to choose the one I prefer.