smartd - /dev/hda temperature Celsius?

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Wed Jun 22 18:43:50 UTC 2005

Hi
On Wednesday 22 June 2005 20:36, peter kostov wrote:
>    Usage: Temperature_Celsius (194) changed to 79, 80, 81, 82, 83

I have been having the same kind of readings, but actually they are suspected
to be farenheit...

I wrote to Western Digital to ask about the temperature ranges, and this is
what they replied:
[QUOTE from James W (western digital)
The smart software must be giving false readings, it is as though those
temperatures should be in Farenheit! If this software is reliable then the
drive is defective. But the readings could be wrong, the drive does not have
a thermometer and is trying to read SMART and could be falsely doing so.
[/QUOTE]

HTH

Kind regards

Andy