Problem with FC4 on X with Trident Cyberblade 9525

Mulligan Fritz mulligan.fritz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:15:13 UTC 2005

The_Eye_In_The_Sky wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I've tried to install my laptop after good experience I had with Fedora
>Core 1, 2 and 3 with Fedora Core 4.
>
>My laptop is Fujitsu Lifebook S4530 with Trident Cyberblade 9525.
>The problem I had is that the console said that the X is started
>successfully, but the screen is just displaying "all white" right after
>the "x" cursor was started.
>
>Anybody has the same experience? I am surprised since FC1,2,and 3 are
>all OK without problem.
>Right now temporarily I changed to installation to CentOS 4.0, since I
>am not even able to change to virtual console due to the problem that
>screen all goes white.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>TEITS.

Try hitting Fn-<whatever> to swap between the internal LCD and external
monitor.  It should make the screen render.  As far as getting it to
work completely.... good luck.  I gave up and went back to FC3.  You can
try nofb as a kernel option and make sure it's set to a color depth of 16.

Alternatively stop using the trident driver and use the vesa driver at a
color depth of 16.

You may also be limited to 800x600 for your res.

Best of luck to you!

Fritz