CD player problems

Nathaniel Alderson alderson at computer.org
Fri Jun 24 03:17:18 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm having multimedia problems. When I fire up gnome-cd and press play I
get the following error:

(gnome-cd:4067): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_send_event: assertion
`GST_STATE (parent) >= GST_STATE_PAUSED' failed

and nothing happens. I really wanted to test out some headphones I was
borrowing so I thought I would rip the disk and listen to the songs
using rhythmbox but after ripping the CD and trying to play the ogg file
I got the following error:

GStreamer-WARNING **: element pipeline claimed state-change success,but
state didn't change to PLAYING. State is PAUSED (NONE_PENDING pending),
fix the element
Got error opening "file:///home/ ...

Any help would be appreciated.

Nate