Working /etc/sysconfig/rhn/source File

Norman Nunn npnunn at amerion.com
Fri Jun 24 07:07:22 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 23:22 -0700, Norman Nunn wrote:
>

>>My /etc/sysconfig/rhn/source file appears to be short a few lines from
>>the FC4 setup.  Would someone mind listing a working version?  Could
>>save allot of guess work and would be very much appreciated.
>>

>The only non-comment line needed in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources in FC4
>is:
>
>repomd fedora http://fedora.redhat.com/
>
>It should then pick up repo configs from /etc/yum.repos.d/ as used by
>yum.
>
>Paul.

Thanks Paul - it was there and the up2date gui did list those sources
where the repo files indicate that it should.  I have noticed when I
launch up2date I get a shield in my tray and I do get recent upgrades
listed.  However, when I use the up2date tray icon (right click) to
check for updates, the shield does not appear.  I wonder if it is
actually getting through the firewall to check.  System did not appear
to find upgrades yesterday when lauching up2date did.

Norm