Working /etc/sysconfig/rhn/source File

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Jun 24 07:13:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:48:23 +0100 in
1119595703.2732.25.camel at laurel.intra.city-fan.org Paul Howarth
<paul at city-fan.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 23:22 -0700, Norman Nunn wrote:
> > My /etc/sysconfig/rhn/source file appears to be short a few lines
> > from  the FC4 setup.  Would someone mind listing a working version?
> > Could  save allot of guess work and would be very much appreciated.
>
> The only non-comment line needed in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources in FC4
> is:
>
> repomd fedora http://fedora.redhat.com/
>
> It should then pick up repo configs from /etc/yum.repos.d/ as used by
> yum.

There was a sources.rpmnew file in /etc/sysconfig/rhn with the correct
entry in it, but the existing sources had the FC3 entries.

I assume that an update installation should really backup sources as
sources.rpmsave and install the correct file to avoid problems with
missed updates.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk