Connecting 2 computers to the internet

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 11:20:29 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>Ety finally convinced me to connect her WInXP box to the internet. I
>don't see the need of a router, so I will just diasy chain the two
>computers and the modem.

I'd go with  the router myself. I have been using Linux on-line since
RHL 5.2 and still have not converted my wife to switch.
She has not been hacked into using a router as a buffer. Before using
the router, it happened often.
The connection through a router does not seem noticably slower.

Just my preference.

Jim

--

You want it in one line?  Does it have to fit in 80 columns?   :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <7349 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>