installation of FC4

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:41:58 UTC 2005

By now u should have got the answer....in any case...
U are facing probs while booting from cd.....right?

when first promt appears to U are supposed to press Enter or pass
parameters to kernel like ---
linux memtest86 (enter)   etc etc

please make a spell mistake once in typing the word 'linux'. then
immediatly even if u press (enter) ur system will boot as usual but
with new FC4.
this is being fixed in bugzilla.

On 6/16/05, Brian Truter <btruter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/16/05, Justin <Digitalcowboy00 at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hello all,
> >
> >             Can anyone tell me if they had any problems upgrading to FC4.
> > tried to install it yesterday, and keep getting a Panic error, Kernel
> > mismatch, and it kills the load. There are a bunch of code that is throws
> > out also. If anyone can help it would be great fully appreciated.
> >

> > V/R
> >
> > Justin
> > --
> >

> I had problems only with the SMP kernel. It hung on boot. The non-SMP
> kernel works fine for me. I havent had a chance to try a manual kernel
> rebuild yet.
>
> --

Anil Kumar Shrama