How can I use CD Player? [SECOND (better) question]

Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 14:02:41 UTC 2005

--- "N. James Bridge" <james at xmas.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 17:31 -0700, Hoffmann wrote:
> > Hi All:
> >
> > I am new to Fedora, and I still didn't realize how
> can
> > I use CD Player. I put a CD into the CD drive, I
> push
> > the 'play' button and nothing hapened.
> > Could anyone explain me how to use CD Player?
>
> Do you see a cd icon appear on the screen, with the
> legend "Audio Disc"?
> If so, double click on it and all will become
> clear...
>
> James
>
> --

Hi All:

I do know that, right after putting a CD into the CD
drive, automatically the CD Player screen appears on
the screen. The problem is: when I push the PLAY
button nothing happens. It seems like it is not
possible to play a CD from the CD (drive), or the CD
Player is ignoring the CD that is into the CD dive? I
mean, with Fedora, all we need to do is to rippe the
CD first? If that is the case, multimedia should be
improved a lot on linux. Right now, all the time I
want to listen to a CD (without to ripe it first), I
need to move to Windows. Well, I would like to do that
with Fedora, instead.
Any new hint?
Thanks!
Hoffmann