Yum repros wanted

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Jun 24 19:21:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:00:27 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> Temlakos wrote:
> > Well, /somebody/ has to meet the other one halfway! All that I see on
> > the extras site is that they want us to encourage the /developers/ of
> > the applications or other packages involved to /submit their packages to
> > extras/ for inclusion. Or they encourage /us/ to submit the packages to
> > extras. /Not one word/ do they speak about coordinating their efforts
> > with those of men like Dag and Axel.
>
> Many of the packages in Extras started life as SRPMs from other repos
> such as Dag's and Axel's.

"Many"?

Even if it were true, it would be a bad habit to strip off the changelog
comments. Except for Matthias Saou, who imported his own packages
from freshrpms into Extras, you can easily see the few packages, which
were derived from previous versions done by e.g. Dag Wieers.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4