Yum update problem

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jun 24 19:41:40 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Now both Fedora Core and Extras falls under the same legal and
> idealogical design of being a platform made up completely of Free and
> open source software. This leaves in some gaps like mp3 and DVD
> decrypting capability (legal limitations) along with other proprietary
> software managed by the Livna repository which is developed in sync and
> compatible with Fedora but not officially supported by the Fedora project.
>
> Hopefully that clears it up

Almost.
(1) I take it that fedora.us is identical (or nearly identical?)
to Fedora Extras ?

In that case, would it not simplify life
if the term fedora.us were dropped?

(2) I gather that Livna is compatible (or almost compatible?)
with the official Fedora repositories ?

So one might call Livna "Fedora Extra Extra" ?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366