How can I change my sendmail.mc file to allow sending mail from localhost.localdomain

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Jun 25 01:33:44 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 25.06.2005 schrieb Richard E Miles um 2:59:

> I get illegal address message when I try to send mail using mutt from
> localhost.localdomain to a
> internet address. What do I have to change in the sendmail.mc to allow
> sending mail form localhost.localdomain. I can receive mail from the internet
> but I can not send mail. I have a diff showing the difference I have made
> to sendmail.mc:

> < dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
> ---
> > MASQUERADE_AS(`comcast.net')dnl
>
> Can  I make it so I can send mail from localhost.localdomain or is there a way
> to change sendmail.mc so I can? There must be a way otherwise you could not
> send mail using mutt.

> Richard E Miles

In your .muttrc set "set envelope_from".
Sendmail's documentation covers how to masquerade:

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading_relaying.html

Your MASQUERADE_AS setting is just one part, but not enough. Sendmail
does not know what to masquerade, so you need too
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost) and
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain). And it is advised to use too
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope).

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 03:29:10 up 3 days, 11:43, load average: 5.49, 5.35, 4.75