Setup Bind

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Sat Jun 25 14:55:46 UTC 2005

 Hi all

Our provider frequently has these dns server problems.  The connection still
works but all DNS servers are down.

So we want to have our own DNS server that caches the domain names.  When it
doesn't find it in his own cache, let him go ask the provider's.

I have put a FC station asside for that and BIND v9 is installed.

I want to let it listen only on eth1 (LAN), and do lookups on eth0 (WAN).  In
case you need to know, eth0, and eth1 are both on the same subnet, see
http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/ee/network.png for details. (the new server for
bind will be connected the same way as the other server

Anyone know how to do this?

Kind regards

Andy
--