Connecting 2 computers to the internet

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 15:16:09 UTC 2005

On 6/25/05, Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn.com> wrote:
> If you are interested in cheap cheap, get another NIC for one of your
> computers (I have seen them for $9.95) and configure that one as a firewall
> - passing on packets to your other computer attached to the new NIC. You
> can use a crossover cable to directly connect the NICs in the two
> computers, thus avoiding the cost of a HUB.

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. The FC4 box has an
onboard network connection (going to the winXP box with a crossover
cable) and a NIC going to the modem. I got a little stuck on
configuring the FC4 box because I wanted it to be the middle man. But
it looks as if I'm going to have to do it with the winXP box because I
can't get the winXP box online through the Fedora box. Tomorrow I'll
put the spare NIC in the winXP box and try it as the middle man.

If anybody on-list has gotten this to work successfully, then PLEASE
share your setup with me! IPtables scripts a must!!! I don't want the
winXP box as the middle man because I don't want to turn it on all the
time...

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/108/carey_mariah.php
Maraih Carey Lyrics