Help with the New Login manager gdmflexiserver ?

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Sat Jun 25 18:48:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 13:31 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I love the new gdmflexiserver.  It solves several outstanding problems I
> have had with a second user.  However, I get the following error
> message: "No volume control elements and/or devices found".  How do I
> solve this?

This is probably not a gdmflexiserver problem, it is most likely an
issue with the permissions on the sound devices. Normally, the first
user to log into X will get ownership of those devices via pam. When a
2nd user logs in simultaneously, ownership doesn't change. If you want
multiple users to have control over the sound devices, you'll have to
modify the permissions appropriately
(see /etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms).

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>