Problems with Helix Player on FC4

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Jun 26 04:03:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 05:43 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 26.06.2005 schrieb Robert Cahn um 5:37:
>
> > ./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin: error while loading shared libraries:
> > libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory
>
> > /Bob Cahn
>
> yum install compat-libstdc++-33

Get the RealPlayer rpm
uninstall helixplayer, install RealPlayerGold rpm (and compat-libstdc
++-33)

If you have both RealPlayerGold and HelixPlayer installed, any update to
HelixPlayer screws with RealPlayer - I'm not sure why. But RealPlayer
does everything HelixPlayer does, so just use RealPlayer.